More photos of my parents’ trip to Singapore. The set below was taken on the 2nd full day of their stay here in the Lion City.
- Heard the 11:00 am English mass at the Church of Sts. Peter and Paul in Bras Basah (behind the Singapore Art Museum). Neil and I used to go to church there during our job hunt days. (Nearest MRT: Bras Basah)
- Lunch at Just Acia in Dhoby Ghaut. This is a favourite when we have guests visit Singapore. They offer set meals that come with bottomless sodas and ice cream.
- Took the train to Harbourfront (VivoCity) followed by the Sentosa monorail to Imbiah Hill. Mostly touristy stuff like photos by the big Merlion and the surrounding fountains.
- Walked down towards Resorts World Sentosa. Photos at the Universal Studios globe.
- Neil shared some Garret’s Popcorn while we did a little people-watching.
- Walk back to VivoCity via Sentosa Boardwalk.
- Train back City Hall MRT (via Dhoby Ghaut). Sampled (what a touristy word!) kaya toast and soft-boiled egg at Ya Kun Kaya Toast Raffles City.
- Walked back to the hotel to rest for about an hour. I enjoyed watching the skies dim over the cityscape.
- Parents’ first public bus ride was from the hotel to Clarke Quay.
- Dinner at Song Fa Bak Kut Teh. Dad really enjoyed!
- A walk around Clarke Quay.
- Surprised my parents with tickets for the Singapore River Cruise. We boarded around 9:20 PM and it took us down the river towards Marina Bay. It was actually… romantic! I’ve never seen Singapore from that vantage point… and it’s beautiful. Like all the urban noise gets muted away from the sound of light waves brushing the side of our boat.
- Alighted at Clarke Quay (after making a full circle) where we took a bus back to Bras Basah. Neil and I dropped my parents off at the front of the hotel before we went home to our flat in Bishan.
The photos taken today: