The fourth and last day of my parents’ visit to the Lion City.
Day 4 Outline
- Enjoy the MBS amenities! – Waking up to a view of Singapore’s financial skyline, the Merlion spraying water into the Marina Bay reservoir, the sun gleaming off the rooftop of The Shoppes. My parents went to the Skypark to take photos while I made arrangements for a late check-out (instead of 11am it became 12nn)
- Checking out of MBS was a breeze. We stowed our luggages with the hotel before taking off for lunch in Chinatown.
- First ride on the new Downtown Line! This new MRT line (Phase 1 opened last month, two more phases open in the next two to three years) connects you to Chinatown so quickly! Before it would’ve been changing trains twice or something.
- Chinatown! CNY fever! Horses everywhere!
- Lunch at Yummy Viet – at its original location next to the still under construction Chinatown Food Street. Yummy pho and spring rolls for about SGD 8.50 to 12.00.
- Souvenir Shopping – mom bought some stuff at the back area towards Maxwell Food Centre and not near the MRT entrance.
- Visiting the Buddha Relic Temple – first time here. Very pleasant inside.
- CNY Street Stalls… crowds, so many things for sale… a definite sight to see during the run-up to the Lunar New Year
- Returned to MBS (Chinatown to Bayfront) to pass time seeing fountains and taking in the view from outside The Shoppes
- By late afternoon we collected our luggages from MBS and took a taxi to Changi Airport
- Parents check into SQ918 to Manila, but we decide to have some Burger King before they head towards the Departures area.