I went to IKEA Alexandra with two of my editors.
For the office, I got myself a Kvart desk lamp. I like mood lighting.
For my new place, I got:
- A laundry drying rack (expandable, perfect for the condo balcony)
- A hanging dryer for socks and underwear (the one that looks like an Octopus)
- A laundry flexible basket
- New bedsheets… A MUST (I can’t go on using old things can I?)
- An IKEA memory pillow – firm type
- An IKEA softer pillow to compliment the firm one
- One more HOLMO lamp bringing my amazing collection to FOUR.
- New quilt cover, a green one with stripes… green reminds me of RENEWAL.
Took a cab from IKEA Alexandra to my place in Geylang… and daaaaaymm it set me back by almost SGD 20.00. Argh.
For dinner I tried the corner coffee shop and ordered Salted Fish Fried Rice. I was eating it by myself and still trying to get used it. Sigh.
Where am I on the “Ten things I hope to accomplish during this year’s Summer Friday”
- Take a stroll around Fort Canning Park. — soon
- Enjoy a sunset at a beach in Sentosa. — soon
- Visit the Fitness First branches in one-north and go swimming there. — soon
- Travel to Hanoi, Vietnam on a shoestring. — doesn’t look likely given budget concerns
- Travel to Ko Samui, Thailand on a shoestring. — same
- Travel to Yogyakarta, Indonesia on a shoestring. — same
- Explore further the National Gallery Singapore. — soon
- Play arcade games one afternoon. AND ALL AFTERNOON. — soon
- Volunteer for something. — looking into this, for an LGBT org
- Find a good dentist in Singapore. — soon