For our third week of cooking something every
Wednesday Monday (because of Game of Thrones), we went with Tuna Pesto Pasta. This is not going to be some recipe post. You can find loads of tuna pasta recipes on the internet.
I’m going to describe to you my life-changing experience cooking it.
- Pour olive oil into a wok until satisfied.
- Add two tablespoons of ‘instant’ chopped garlic.
- Stir the chopped garlic before it gets burnt.
- Add in a slab of butter and watch it melt while thinking about our life choices.
- Pour in a cup of evaporated creamer (it’s supposed to be heavy cream). I google’d and it says it’s the same. But the evaporated creamer I got is used in ice kacang apparently so let’s see what happens.
- Once it’s all incorporated, add in a can of tuna chunks. It’s supposed to be tuna flakes LOL but PJ got the chunks instead because I forgot to tell him to look for the flakes one. I smashed the chunks into pieces using a wooden spoon.
- Add in the pasta. And then mix it all.
- While it would’ve been nice to smash basil and nut and create the pesto from scratch, I didn’t have time coming from work. Instead, add a jar of pesto sauce (which you can buy at the groceries) into the pasta and tuna. Mix everything.
- Add in parmesan, cheddar, and sprinkle with pepper and salt to taste.
- Eat with your favourite protein. I picked roasted chicken. The store-bought one.
Made with ❤
Verdict: This pasta definitely tasted better than Game of Thrones S8 EP4.
PJ loved it but I think I could definitely put a little more love into making tuna pesto pasta. Investing in the ingredients would definitely pay off. Especially the part of getting the heavy cream done correctly and using a different type of pasta to scoop up the pesto sauce and tuna bits. I want to make pasta my go-to dish.
Here’s a photo:
Here’s a bonus video of me cooking it.
“Previously on PJ and George’s Kitchen”