The coronavirus will not expire on 31st December. But I bet we wish it could.
I’m comfortable. I’m working from home. I can exercise from home. I can order lunch and dinner to be brought to my doorstep. I can press a few buttons to have groceries delivered. I can chat with friends and loved ones through Zoom. Movies, TV series, music, concerts… all of it can be streamed online.
I admit my privilege in this pandemic. I’m not a front-liner in a hospital who is overworked and under-equipped. I don’t work in the travel or aviation industries. I still have a job.
For the sake of mental health, I promised to myself that I won’t worry about what’s going to happen after a few months. The only thing I will let myself think about is the agenda and the intention for the day ahead. The agenda is to get work done. The intention is to be easy on myself. I’m not a scientist and I’m not going to cure the world from a pandemic.
Intentions for December 2020
- Keep working out and practicing yoga. Six times weekly.
- Finish reviewing a friend’s book – I’m so bad at reading books.
- Get started on Becoming – another book, given to me by my brother
- Start dance classes via Steezy. Commit when possible after the WOD/yoga.
- Launch my podcast series before the end of the year.
- Publish at least five more video blogs.
- Terminate subscriptions I no longer need.
- Complete a budget plan for 2021. Listing possibilities, limitations.
- Send out gifts to friends and family.
- Take PJ to see snow at Jewel Changi Airport.
- Enjoy Korean BBQ at home. With a grill.