Proof of life:
It’s not that I wasn’t doing anything in August. Quite the opposite!
- Returned to evening “WODs” (workout of the day) with my Philippines-based fit fam.
- Moderated a webinar for work. (I’ve never moderated a webinar before.)
- Continued producing weekly “Saturday Uncut” videos on YouTube.
- Managed work load after some sudden changes at work.
- Interviewed potential candidates to fill in an opening at work.
- Studied Katakana and more Japanese conversational phrases.
- Spoke with a few insurance brokers to shop around for a plan that works for me.
- Recorded a podcast episode with someone in London.
- Took the first steps in a real estate investment.
- Stayed safely at home.
They announced that 80% of the country is fully vaccinated as of today. Great news for the country.
I share more of “what’s happening” in my most recent “Saturday Uncut” (August 28, 2021):
How do I feel right now?
The tides are changing quickly as we head towards the end of the year.
A situation at work which would make me anxious or stressed might not be so bad at all. First, I’m getting the support I need from internal stakeholders. Second, we might be hiring two people to take up the space of one backfill. That means more teammates! Third, I feel this confidence that I can emerge from this.
Randomly, I’ve also started to feel better about my age. “It’s all downhill from here” was what I secretly thought about turning 36. But a few weeks after my birthday in July and now I’m fine. I’m invested in learning. It makes me feel like I can still do most of the things I want.
$$$ is something on my mind more often these days. I’m starting to think about retirement. What age do I want to retire? Where do I want my money to go? What investment should I start? Is my insurance enough? What can I do to earn more? Should I be studying UI/UX to make myself competitive? Will I be able to manage renting a whole apartment with PJ in the near future? How can I build my emergency fund? Am I spending too much at the dentist?
It’d be stupid to end this post talking about a mortgage. So I’ll give you a BTS song I fell in love with today.
Great job again, Singapore… for vaccinating 80% of the country’s residents.
See you in September. ❤