One week until Christmas! In past years, I’d be buying gifts and putting them underneath the Christmas tree. This year is different. I wanted to forego the effort of entering crowded shopping malls during a pandemic. I’ve kept the holiday season as simple as possible (perhaps the simplest in years).
How? I didn’t buy much for anyone or even for myself. Apart from the traditional exchange gift here at home (four items) and the gifts I helped pay for with my brother… this year is quiet. It’s not that I lost the Christmas cheer. I’m grateful and I enjoy watching videos of Christmas shopping at Harrods. But really… I can’t afford any of that today.
I can talk about a wish list though. Here are the top 5 things I want for Christmas:
- Macbook Pro 16″ – the latest one and with better specs – to replace my current 2013 edition laptop
- Apple Watch strap – neutral color – an alternative to my rainbow strap
- Wireless charger for the iPhone 12 – it’s fun, that way
- $$$ for new clothes – we’ll be back in the office more in 2022
- A staycation – preferably the Ritz Carlton or somewhere lush – and to switch off, a digital detox
What do you want for Christmas?