What I enjoyed the most from our three-day “cruise to nowhere” was the feeling of actually leaving Singapore. It was looking out at the open sea and seeing nothing but ocean and sky which elevated the experience. Families with young kids will enjoy the amenities. For those into gambling, a casino is there. There are also numerous food options and places to sit and grab a drink. I can say I felt relaxed after the trip.
If you missed it, you can read part 1 and part 2 of my Quantum of the Seas series. We cruised in October 2021. Notably, it was when gatherings in public were limited to two pax only.
I’m sorry it took a while to get to this third and last post. To sum it up, we had a great time onboard Quantum of the Seas. It was my first time to ride a cruise ship. I understand why it can be addicting. You don’t have to think about itineraries (unless there was a port-of-call). It’s all laid out for you. And for the planner in me… I kinda liked that. I don’t need to do anything.
Quick peek at our day 3 activities
- We had breakfast at the main dining hall on deck 4.
- After breakfast, PJ and I got into the jacuzzi at the Solarium. There was a ten-minute limit at the time.
- Lunch was at Windjammer and I tried the roast beef steak. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Windjammer is the buffet-style food area on one of the upper levels.
- We enjoyed a bucket of Corona beers at the NorthStar bar in the early afternoon.
- PJ and I tried the hot dogs from the SeaPlex. We wanted to enjoy it at an open space in the back of the ship but were politely told we couldn’t have a picnic there due to prevailing restrictions on outdoor gatherings (even if we were only two). We brought the hot dogs back to the room.
- The room! We really just stayed in the room. PJ slept while I read a book on the stateroom balcony.
- For our last dinner on this trip, we had it at the main dining hall on deck 3.
- After dinner, we enjoyed the Duo Du Soleil show at the Royal Theatre.
- Back in the room, I watched Black Panther which I downloaded onto my iPad. And, I started packing.
- When we woke up the next morning, we were already parked in Singapore.
- I learned that even if our disembarkation time was assigned from 7:00 AM, you can still grab a quick bite at the Windjammer upstairs. We squeezed in a meal and enjoyed a view of the sunrise.
I’ll leave the rest in pictures.
We had a great time on Quantum of the Seas and would repeat a similar cruise experience in the future. I heard that Spectrum of the Seas will move to Singapore (currently in Hong Kong) in 2022.